Thursday 12 January 2012

Memories in Morocco - Part 2

My mum and I, with the city of Meknes behind us


 This was the first time that I saw a donkey carrying a load on its back in the market place. I saw it daily thereafter!!

 My sister and I in the Market Place. Word to describe the Market Place - cramped, smelly, noisy, busy. It was something I had never experienced before. You can buy nearly anything in these markets, fresh fruit and vegetables, meat, lots of silver, leather goods, pottery, handbags..
A definite must see!!

A moseleum we visited

 My sister and I at one of the King's Palace's. I'm trying to get in..no luck again!!



These were taken at Volubilis, one of my favourite places that we visited. Volubilis was Roman Town and was built over 2000 years ago. In the first picture, I am standing in the entranceway to someones house. Amazing!


Me at the Bahia Palace

 Khurshid at Jemaa el Fnaa - The Square and Night Market in Marrakech. Lots of bargains to be found although you have to bargain..a lot!



At the Koutoubia Mosque and gardens in Marrakech

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my post.
I love reading what you have to say :)